About Software Integration
]project-open[ interfaces with a variety of third party applications to import, export or synchronize data.
The figure below provides a schematic overview of existing integration links.
LDAP and Identity Management
- File Server Integration - ]po[ can connect to your corporate/department Windows file server where you are storing your files. ]po[ assumes a folder structure on this server like C:\\projects\<client_path>\<project_path>\...
- Exchange Rate Integration - ]project-open[ includes an exchange-rate server allowing ]po[ installations to import daily updated exhange rates.
- SAP FI (Finance) Integration - An interface to import SAP FI general ledger information into ]po[. With information from this interface ]po[ can report exact buddget/controlling for IT and other projects.
- [SAP PS (Project System) Integration] - An interface to import SAP PS information into ]po[ per Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) element.
- Comma Separated Values (CSV) Export - The ]project-open[ finance base package can export the list of all financial objects into CSV format (in Finance -> Export Customer Financial Documents and Finance -> Export Provider Financial Documents).
- Navision Integration - An interface to import Microsoft Dynamics NAV (Navision) financial documents (invoices, quotes, receipts, ...), customer information, provider information, employee information and price list.
- Quick Books Integration - We know from many customers that they are able to successfully import ]po[ CSV (see above) exports into Quick Books.
- ContaPlus - We know from many customer that they are able to successfully import ]po[ CSV exports (see above) into ContaPlus.
- [UBL Generic Integration] - [[http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/ubl/|Universal Business Language (UBL)] is an OASIS standard for XML based financial document exchange for ordering and invoicing. ]project-open[ supports a subset of UBL 1.0
- KHK Kaufmann - German Accounting Software - coming soon
- SQL-Ledger - Open source double entry accounting system - coming soon
- Lexware Buchhalter - German Financial Enterprise Suite - coming soon
- Datev - European Financial Auditing Software for Lawyers, Tax Consultants, etc. - coming soon
Generic Interfaces and Protocols
- REST Web-Services Interface - A generic interface to allows external applications to create, read, update and list (CRUL) nearly all information in a ]po[ system via a REST style Web-service interface.
- PO-Timesheet is a time entry client for ]project-open[ written in Java that uses the REST interface.
- ODBC Interface - A generic interface to allow external applications to access the ]po[ data-model directly via a database connection. The ODBC interface support direct read and write (update) access, while objects can be created and deleted using the PL/SQL API.
- XML-RPC Interface - A generic interface to map TCL calls to XML-RPC.
Gantt and Project Information
CRM (Customer Relationship Management)
- Sugar CRM - ]po[ import SugarCRM customer company and contact information. This one-way integration allows to use SugarCRM for CRM management and to track the execution of following projects using ]po[.
- [Microsoft Outlook Import] - ]po[ allows to import Microsoft Outlook information both as companies or individual users using the Users -> Import User CSV and Companies -> Import Companies CSV links.
- Funambol Integration - Funambol allows ]project-open[ to synchronize contacts, tasks and calendar events with a wide range of PIM (Personal Information Manager) clients including MS-Outlook, iPhone and Android.
- Generic CRM Import - The ]po[ REST interface allows any CRM system to update and create users and companies in ]po[.
ITSM (IT Services Management)
ALM (Application Lifecycle Management)
- ]po[ can read analysis files from SDL TRADOS , Transit, WebBudget and Free Budget.
The following integration links are used as part of the normal ]po[ functionality.
- Mail (SMTP):
Many packages of ]po[ need to send out emails to notify users about various events.
- Full-Text Search:
Allows to quickly index all important objects in ]po[.
- Full-Text File Search:
Allows to index files associated with projects and other objects.
Allows to read mail from a POP3 mail box and to associate mails with ]po[ users, projects and tickets based on mail properties (subject, other mail headers)
- DOT (Workflow Graphs):
The ]po[ workflow includes graphical representations of the workflow, both for the workflow editor and the workflow execution engine. These GIFs are rendered using the "dot" (GraphViz) functionality.
- System Information:
The root page of ]po[ usually includes information about the system's IP address, available memory etc.
- File System Interaction:
The filestorage package uses "find" and other tools in order to access the local filesystem.
- Localization Server:
The [package-acs-lang-server] accepts customer specific updates of translation strings.
- ]po[ ASUS Services:
The packages package-intranet-update-client and package-intranet-security-update-client use information from package package-intranet-asus-server to check for newer versions of ]po[ and known issues.
- PostgreSQL Backup:
The integrated backup management expects that the PostgreSQL"pg_dump" command will work.
- Running Upgrade Scripts:
Upgrade scripts are executed by means of "psql ..." command lines.