]po[ Mail Management is a collaboration feature of ]project-open[. It allows assigning emails to users or projects to keep track of email communication in regards to a customer, lead, project, etc. Simply send an email (to, cc, bcc) to your ]po[ Server. Depending on the configuration the email will be either automatically assigned to an ]po[ User or Project or it becomes available in the ]po[ Mail Dispatcher
From there they can be assigned manually to Users or Projects. Please note that that assignments to other ]po[ Objects such as Tickets are are possible, but not yet supported with the current version. Please get in touch with us if you have additional requirements.
Setup and Configuration
Find information on how to set up and configure the module here
- A new Portlet is available on "User Home" and "Project Home" listing all emails assigned to the particular project or user
- Attachments are stored in the File Manager of the User or Project.
- Each email is linked to an overlay showing the text of the email and the attachments
- In the same way a Portlet has been added to the User (http://[YOUR_SERVER]/intranet/users/view?user_id=[ID]) listing all mails assigned to a user.
Auto-Assignment of emails to Projects
]po[ currently supports auto-assignment to Projects. This requires that the Project Number in brackets (for example [2013_0001]) is part of the email's subject.
Using the Mail Dispatcher
- The ]po[ Mail Dispatcher shows all emails that could not be assigned automatically to a project.
- Users with privilege "View Mails all" can preview mails before assignment
- Assignments is done by searching for a user or project in the search box below. A drop down list will appear with objects containing the search expression. A click on the title assigns the mail to the object.
- Mails can be assigned to more than one user/project by using check box on the bottom of the portlet.