Master Data Management / Knowledge Management
"Knowledge management (KM) comprises a range of strategies and practices used in an organisation to identify, create, represent, distribute, and enable adoption of insights and experiences."
"Master Data Management (MDM) comprises a set of processes, governance, policies, standards and tools that consistently defines and manages the master data (i.e. non-transactional data entities) of an organization (which may include reference data)."
- Master Data is managed in ]po[ on a object level. ]po[ knows more than 30 different object types, among them "User", Project, "Company", "Group", "Ticket", etc.
- Date is stored using default attributes. Most objects can be extended using ]po[ DynField.
- Various File Storages are available throughout the application
- Except one, all of them are related to an object. A user would store files related to an particular Project in the "Projects File Storage", whereas he would store a contract with a provider in the "Companies File Storage".
- The File Storage Component located on the Home is by default available to all ]po[ users.
- ]po[ integrates a powerful Wiki (XoWiki) with a rich set of features.
- [[en:package-xowiki|Package: XoWiki]
Full Text Search Engine
]po[ Full Text Search Engine allows permission based searching through database content. If correctly set up, the search can also include files stored managed with the various "File Storage Components".
The search box is located on the right top corner of the screen:
Once the results are shown, the search can be further limited by setting the search attributes accordingly: