PM: Mail integration
This RFE has been completed
Please see: Mail Management Tutorial
- User should get access to emails related to a particular project through the ]po[ user interface
- emails and their attachements should be searchable
- New portlet on "Project Home" that lists all emails assigned to the particular project
- Each email is linked to an overlay showing the text of the email and the attachments
- In the same way a Portlet is added to the Company Home (http://[SERVERNAME]/intranet/companies/view?company_id=[ID]) listing all mails assigned to a company.
Mails can be accessed and managed using the "List View". Filter options are provided as seen on screenshot below. This view provides functionality to manually assign mails to projects and/or customers where an automatic assign had not been done due to ambiguous criterias.
- Emails are stored in text format in the file system
a) Incoming email: If sender email matches an existing user email which is explicitly assigned to one company, an automatic assignment is done.
b) Incoming email: If email subject contains a valid Project ID, email is automatically assigned to project and to the customer related to it.
c) Outgoing email: All outgoing emails are assigned to the user sending this email
d) Outgoing email: If outgoing email contains valid Project ID in subject line, email is assigned to project and to the customer related to it.
- Outlook Plugin:
Viewing a particular mail user gets a drop-down list with all currently open projects she is a member of. An list of all currently open projects can be received through ]po['s RESTful interface.
By choosing a project the email automatically gets send out to the ]po[ email account. The Plugin adds the Project Number to the Subject line.