]po[ Version 22.214.171.124.0
This third "beta" version of the V4.0 release includes a number of open issues and several planned features are not yet finished. Please see the project-open-roadmap for a detailed list of planned V4.0 features. Compare with:
- MS-Project Round-Trip Integration (incomplete functionality/bug):
V4.0 allows you to start your project in ]po[, import a project schedule from MS-Project, continue to edit information in ]po[, export the results to MS-Project for further editing, import the results and so on.
- A new "MS-Project Warnings" functionality checks imported project plans for consistency and allows to take actions in ]po[ in order to restore consistency. However, this functionality is still lacking appropriate permissions.
V4.0 Planned Features Not Included Yet
- Step-By-Step Configuration Wizard:
To guide the administrator through the setup of the system:
- Include all important setup steps and indicators for each setup step.
- Data Setup: Import users, import projects, import customers and providers, import departments, ...
- Process Setup: Enable and disable processes
V4.0 Features Partially Finished
- System Configurator:
A new configurator allows to export a ]po[ configuration into CSV (Excel) format and to apply the configuration to a new server. This configurator allows us to define several "verticals" for ]po[ with very specific configuration, effectively reducing the effort necessary to adapt ]po[ to a user's needs.
- The "System Configurator" is available now in Admin -> System Config ->Export Configuration and Import Configuration
- Deleting parameters and other configuration elements is not yet supported. It is unclear at the moment if this is a desired feature or not.
- Funambol integration:
The integration with Funambol allows to sync ]po[ tasks and contacts with Outlook, mobile devices and other PIM applications.
- The basic functionality is working and allows to sync ]po[ tickets with the Funambol database.
- Installation and configuration of the Funambol integration currently requires certain knowledge about Funambol, PostgeSQL and ]po[.
- We would have to write documentation on how to setup a Funambol integration.
- SLA Management and improved Helpdesk (Enterprise Edition):
A ITSM package that provides "SLA Parameters" to capture contractual rules defined in SLAs and a component for SLA working hours. Indicators automatically track the value of SLA parameters, warning managers if defined SLA levels are close to be violated.
- Basic functionality is working.
- We need to document the setup of SLA parameters.
- CVS Integration:
This ITSM package allows to import CVS commits into ]po[, automatically associating commits with projects. The package also allows to generate CVS+ACL configuration files, effectively allowing to maintain CVS permission configuration in ]po[.
- The import of CVS commits is working.
- The setup of the integration still requires knowledge of ]po[ and needs the help of a ]po[ consultant
- We need to document how to setup an integration.
- System Configurator:
We want to update the existing "SysConfig Wizard" to include several "templates" for specific application scenarios, in addition to the existing configuration options.
- Demo-Servers for each template:
Each template should be associated to a email@example.com and a page in the project-open.com Web-site describing the template.
The translations from V3.5 are still available and cover >90% of all translation strings. However, the following work still has to be done for each language:
- Revise the glossary for each language
- Complete the outstanding translations
- Revise all critical terms with each translation team.