- Complete Object-Type Map - see an automatically generated menu of all available object types on the system generated by OpenACS, complete with inheritance and and all table attributes
- Data Model - a more in-depth explanation of the ]project-open[ database model
]project-open[ is based on an object-oriented data model. The following list shows some of the available/most significant object types:
Content & Community
- Calendar - event scheduling tool that is community based
- Calendar Item - models events to be scheduled onto the Calendar
- Forum Topic - community discussion postings
- Filestorage File
- [Note] - basic text creation
- [Simple Survey] - a questionnaire
- [Simple Survey Question]
- [Simple Survey Response]
Core Object Types
These objects form the core of ]project-open[:
- Project - Projects are meant to represent a one-time activity of a group of people with a specific objective and a specific start- and end.
- Company - A legal mercantile entity.
- Office - A physical venue of a company.
Financial Object Types
Helpdesk and IT Services Management
- Report - database queries to obtain useful tracking data
- Indicator - a more precise and quantitative report
System Object Types
Timesheet Management & Project Tracking
User-Related Object Types
- Group - A group of people. There many be a large number of groups in the system.
- Profile - A specific user profile for defining permissions. Subtype of Group.
- Person - The most basic object representing a person.
- Party - A person with additional properties. Subtype of Person.
- User - A person with the permission to login into ]project-open[. Subtype of Party.
- Employee - A user with employee information. Subtype of User.