(Please click on the hexagons for more information)
XoWiki is a full-blown Wiki with MediaWiki syntax as an add-on to ]project-open[. It allows to complement structured information about projects, companies and other ]po[ objects with free-text and multimedia objects. One ]po[ system may have more than one XoWiki, and every XoWikis can have a different configuration and different access permissions. For example, you can setup a public "Marketing Wiki" and a second "Employee Wiki" for internal purposes only.
Xinha HTML Editor Formatting
XoWiki includes the Xinha HTML editor, which allows you copy-paste HTML directly into a XoWiki page and relieves you from learning the text formatting details of MediaWiki. Xinha formatting supports:
- Heading levels 1-6,
- Bold, italic, underlined, strike-through, subscript and superscript text,
- Fonts, font sizes, font color and font background color,
- Left justified, right justified, centered or block paragraph alignment,
- Bullet lists and numerate lists of multiple levels,
- HTML style Web links and images and
- Tables with detailed table formatting.
All of these functionality are available using a button bar similar to standard desktop style word processors.
XoWiki Intra-Wiki Links
In addition to the Xinha HTML editor which allows for <a href="...">...</a> links, XoWiki supports MediaWiki style links to other Wiki pages:
- [link label]
- [link label]
Where "pageReference" is either the name of a XoWiki page or an external link starting with http://.
Options for links include:
- -title - the title of the link (-title "Title") and
- -target - the link target (-target "_blank")
There are two ways to integrate images into XoWiki:
- Copy-paste for small images:
Small images can be copied directly into Xinha.
Xinha converts the image into blob and stores them in the database.
- Image Links for larger images:
Larger images need to be manually loaded into the XoWiki. As a first step you create an image like like this:
After saving the page, you you click on the missing image link generated by the "image:..." tag. This link leads you to a page that allows you to upload a file into XoWiki.
Links to Other File Types
You can link PDF and other files in the same way as images:
For details about additional file types and options please see the XoWiki Documentation .
A number of configuration parameters affect the behavior of the XoWiki:
- /intranet/admin/parameters -> acs-kernel -> AllowedTag:
Set to "*" (without the double quotes) in order to allow all tags IF you are in a safe Intranet environment. In a public Wiki editors could perform XSS attacks using the <script> tag, so you need to restrict the allowed tags to B, I, A, BR and a few more (this is the default).
- /intranet/admin/parameters -> acs-kernel -> AllowedAttribute:
Similar to AllowedTag above. The default setting should be conservative an secure. Add "*" if you want to copy-paste HTML code from Web sites directly into the Xinha editor.
- /xowiki/ -> Admin -> Permissions:
This page allows you to set read, write and admin permissions per user group for the chosen Wiki.
Integrated WYSIWYG HTML editor
The image below shows a sample page in the XoWiki Xinha HTML editor with text formatting.
Related Object Types